Are you a visual learner? Do you prefer looking at pictures rather than reading long sagas? Then Pinterest is your best friend! You can also use it to improve your business’s sales also. In this article, I will share a step-by-step process of creating Pinterest Ads using ad manager and share Pinterest marketing strategies to increase your sales.
Pinterest serves as a catalog of ideas. It is a virtual search engine. Pinterest’s vision is to provide life-time access to web images, GIFs in the form of pins.
Interestingly, India is the second-biggest user of this platform with 67 million users (Source: Pinterest)
Pinterest has more females and has an audience with higher income groups as compared to other platforms. (Source: Sprout Social)
Pinterest posts are like a virtual canvas, alluring its users to visit them again and again. The pins are simply images linked to particular websites or blogs.
The boards are based on themes ranging from travel, weddings, seminars, fashion, etc.
So why not use these boards and pins to market? Pinterest can be an excellent platform to advertise your products if used wisely. Especially if you are a clothing and jewelry brand, you should give it a go!
Pinterest blends perfectly with e-commerce channels. Time and again, Pinterest has proven that its images boost e-commerce sales.
Pinterest has many Indian-themed boards and pins like Indian wedding outfits, festive clothes, home décor, etc., to attract the Indian audience.
The Makeup Brand Nykaa also uses Pinterest to increase traffic on its website.
Pinterest also allows you to check out an extensive list of categories, select and save the products for the future as per your convenience.
Therefore, let us dive into the world of visualization and understand all about Pinterest marketing strategy.
As discussed before, Pinterest is an excellent platform to market your products to your visual loving audience. And the below ways will guide you how!
- You are letting the world know – Pinterest shall help you with better reach. Your product is exposed to more people, and your product awareness unfurls into the masses!
- More viewers – You can drive heavy traffic to your content on Pinterest because of exposure. This way, you shall attract more audience to your website as well.
- Reaction from users – Using Pinterest, you can direct your audience to drive actions like signing up or subscribing to your website or making an online purchase. You can engage with your audience by calling these actions.
- In-store pick-up – Pinterest not only makes sure that your online sales increase but also helps you improve in-store sales.
Not only organically, but you can also run paid campaigns on Pinterest and scale up your business. Working on Pinterest Ads feels like shopping in Sarojini Nagar. Here’s why? Pinterest Ads are 2.3x more cost-efficient and give 2x higher returns compared to any other social media. Using Pinterest Ads, you can advertise your products and measure your ad campaign results.
Now let us get started with the process of setting up your ad campaign
- Upgrading to a business account– To set up your ad campaign, you must create a Pinterest Business Account. If you have a Pinterest account, you link your business to upgrade to the business account.
- Paint your thoughts! – After creating the account, go ahead and use all your creativity to create beautiful and attractive pins to catch the audience’s attention.
- Interact with the audience! – Engage with your users by asking them to sign up, subscribe, or make a purchase with your brand.
- Analyze your results! – You can analyze your ad performance with the metrics and information provided by Pinterest!
Like how a safety pin is crucial for the Indian bride at her wedding, creating pins is one of the primary steps of building a campaign! On Pinterest, you can create pins in three easy ways!
- Direct Upload– You can directly upload your product images or gifs, or videos on the Pinterest app. You can also edit the pictures from the Pinterest app itself.
- Product Feed– You can also connect the product feed of your website to the app. The app will automatically convert the pictures of your product feed into the pins.
3. Direct Publish– To make the process a tad bit easier, you can directly link your website to the Pinterest app. Every time you upload a product to your website, the app shall convert it into your pins.
Just like sunlight isn’t the only factor for growing plants, you need to water them and take care of them. Similarly, just creating pins is not enough. You must make sure that the pins successfully turn your impressions into useful customers. For this purpose, we bring you four insane tips to make your pins successful!
- Regular – One of the keys to success is consistency! Therefore, make sure that you are consistently creating pins. Try to create a new pin at least once or twice a week.
- Set up – You can set up the time to upload your pins through the autopilot feature on the app. Try to upload at a time when there is maximum engagement. Especially in India, social media engagement is maximum from 6-7 p.m.
- Insert a URL – By adding your website link to the app, you direct your users to your website to make an online purchase.
- Organize well – You should organize your pins into appropriately named boards. Make sure you give a clear and distinct name to your boards. Also, make sure you categorize your pins into the relevant and trending boards.
Five ad formats shall let you structure your ad or pins correctly
- Standard – In this format, the products are placed vertically or just like stock images.
- Video – As the name suggests, this format creates and edits highly engaging videos on the app.
- Shopping – In this ad format, the product pins can be turned into ads. These pins can be used solely to advertise a line of products.
- Carousel – This is for people who love to swipe images! In this ad format, the users can swipe through various images in a single pin or ad.
- Collections– This format is also called Hybrid. In this format, the lifestyle images are shown with the featured products. Suppose you advertise a vase, then the vase can be placed on a table with some flowers.
After creating pins, you need to target the right audience.
For this, Pinterest provides you six targeting tools.
- Self- Driven – As the name suggests, Pinterest shall help you find your target audience using your pins’ details and information. This kind of targeting is automated, and Pinterest shall do the job for you.
- Demography – Using this demographic tool, you choose your audience based on gender, age, or location.
- Audience’s interests – This targeting is based on the psychographic interests and passions of people.
- Keywords – In this kind of targeting, you can find your audience based on specific keyword searches. If the keyword is related to you, then BAM! You are benefitted from this tool.
- Consumer Lists – You can upload a list of your previous customers and retain them by targeting them.
- Act-a-likes – Act-a- likes are the people who have similar interests to your audience. Therefore, you can target your act-a- likes to spread your business!
Before we move on, let us talk numbers! Pinterest ads do not come for free. After targeting your customers, you need to set up your maximum bid. This bid is the amount you are willing to pay every time your audience views, clicks, or engages with your pins.
According to your campaign type, you can either select your maximum or let Pinterest do the job for you. Pinterest shall come up with an automated bid amount, which you can pay. If you are starting with your campaign, you can set lower bids and eventually increase with time. The average range for your Pinterest advertising cost can be-
- Increasing product awareness: $2.00-5.00 per 1000 impressions
- Higher engagement with audience: $0.10 – $1.50 per engagement
- Generating higher traffic for your website: $0.10 – $1.50 per click
Once you have set your maximum bid, then go ahead and make payment.
After creating pins and targeting your audience, you have pretty much done the job. But one most important step is still due to happen.
Remember how on December 31 of every year, you reflect on how the previous year went by. You do this reflection and analysis to set realistic and better goals for the next year. Similarly, you need to analyze your Pinterest ad performance to do better.
Pinterest provides several analytical tools to measure your performances
Pin Stats is one of the tools for personal analytics. In a sense, Pin Stats provides the statistics of individual pins with impressions and clicks.
Pinterest Analytics is another tool that shall help you measure your Pinterest ads, boards, and pins’ overall performance. You can find your top-performing pins and boards.
The data from Pinterest Analytics shall help you make informed decisions and optimize your ads.
For example- If most of your audience watch content from mobile, you can make your website mobile-friendly. If a line of clothes is driving traffic to your website, you should make those clothes available, showcase them in many pins, and save them to various boards.
Broadly there are two different categories of analytics, which can be further classified into several metrics.
- Impressions – Impressions mean the number of times your pin has appeared in the audience’s feed. You can also say the number of times your pin is viewed.
Now the reason why it is important is, this determines your exposure. It shows you how much your pin has reached.
- Close-Ups – We almost double tap every time we want to zoom into the picture. Similarly, close-ups are just the number of times your audience tap and take a closer look at your pin. If you have a high close up, it means that your pins are eye-catchy and are creating an impact!
- Clicks – Clicks are the number of times your audience click through to your website from the pins. This way, you can figure out if your audience what to know more about your products. If you want to drive high traffic to your website, then having a high click number is essential.
- Top pins – As the name suggests, you can find your top 50 performing pins every month. This placement is done based on the impressions and clicks those pins receive.
- Top boards – Again, you can identify your top boards based on the top pins saved to the board. This can help you figure out how you can categorize your pins and develop a better content strategy.
- Repins – Repins are those pins that your audience save to their boards. This means your audience loves your pins so much that they want to save and view them later.
- All-time Stats – This has everything, right from your first pin stats to your latest re-pins. This also measures power-pins. Power-pins are the pins that have maximum engagement with the audience.
- Demographics – This gives you insights into your audience’s gender, location, language, and country.
For example- Jhumka earrings are pretty popular jewelry in India. Therefore, if you target an Indian audience for selling Jhumka earrings, you will receive the utmost benefit.
- Audience Affinities – Affinities give you insights into what your audience likes. It measures some of the popular trends and the most visited type of pins.
For example- High waisted jeans pants hit a million people and became an unleashing trend in 2018. Therefore, if you tried to feature it more in your profile, you would’ve probably stepped ahead of your competitors.
After Pin Stats and Pinterest Analytics, Ad Manager is the last analytical tool to help you with your ad campaign’s operation. You can save, create, and edit your campaign using Ad Manager.
Once you complete all the above steps, you can watch your pins spread, reach better and turn into fruitful purchases!
Next, to ramp up your ads, let us look at some exciting features of Pinterest Ads.
- Show-off– Using Pinterest Ads, you can make sure your brand name appears with every pin you create and publish. This way, your brand shall also receive a better reach.
- Widgets– Widgets such as the follow widget help your audience know when you create a new pin. Your audience will be notified every time you are publishing a new pin.
- Rich Pins– Here, you can sync information from your website to your Pinterest page. This way, your audience will be directed towards your website to learn more about your product.
As we come to the end of the article, we bring some fantastic tips that shall help you deliver an incredible ad campaign for promotion on Pinterest!
- Visually Pleasing content- Pinterest is all about watching beautiful visuals! Try to use bright colors like yellow, blue, and red to make it attractive!
- Lifestyle themes – Lifestyle themed boards are trendy on Pinterest. Most of the audience prefers to view lifestyle themed content like home décor, fashion, jewelry, and motivational quotes.
- Write-Up- To give more meaning to your picture, add a concise yet clear description so that your audience shall learn about it properly.
For example- If you create a Blue Painted Wall pin, describe the color of a wall, content used in the paint, and whether it is waterproof or not.
- Special Pins – As you know, India is a country of festivals! Therefore, you can use this to your advantage and create festival themed pins to attract an audience.
For example- During Diwali, you create pins related to Diyaas or lights. During Holi, you can make your pins as colorful as possible. During Christmas, you can use Santa Claus, Stars, and colors like green and red.
With that, we come to the end of the article! Pinterest is an excellent platform for creative and design-loving people!
Now go ahead and create beautiful pins and watch art bring success to your business. Tell me in the comments section what you are doing on Pinterest.
Do you want jobs in Digital Marketing? Are you worried about Digital Marketing Salary and future Growth? Here is an easy guide to know about industry, future, growth, and salary.
Create a creative, engaging web page design with stunning visuals like a pro. Learn the powerful tips and tricks to build the best website layout and homepage design.
Check out this article to learn everything you need to know about content page designs, formats and layouts!
HERE IS HOW I CAN HELP YOUR BUSINESS GROW
Don’t just stand by and watch others make millions! Jump in and leverage digital marketing to skyrocket your business!