Do you get irritated every time your parents catch you online and start comparing you with ‘Sharma Ji ka Beta’? Well, today is your day, because after reading this article, you’ll be able to earn money by sitting at home.
Have you ever wondered while most adults are working a nine-to-five job, financially struggling to make ends meet, there are three-year-olds earning millions by reviewing toys online on YouTube?
While most of us desire trendy clothes that we found online, there are teenagers earning thousands of dollars for wearing and promoting on Instagram. While students are stressing about completing their Degrees, puppies are going viral on Social Media, and their masters are earning a hefty amount doing nothing but spending time online.
Gone are the days, when earning money only meant being in conventional jobs like that of doctors, engineers or lawyers. The age of digitization has brought with itself countless opportunities that did not even exist a decade ago. Today, every talent is valuable if groomed the right way and making money out of it is nothing but a work of art.
Still, sounds like a dream.
Not anymore, because in this article, I am going to share with you my secrets to earn money online in India. Keep Scrolling…
Perks of Earning Money Online
- The only ingredients to the recipe of earning online are:
- A secure internet connection
- Your Laptop or PC or Smartphone
- A touch of passion and consistent effort
- You can work from anywhere around the globe.
- You can set your own working schedule.
- There is a negligible investment.
- You don’t need to be a gold-medalist in the field. Hence it is best to earn money online in India for students.
- The opportunities are infinite. All you need to do is find out what works best for you.
Is Earning Money Online Safe in India?
Most of you may have taken a step back from earning money online due to the risk of being scammed. And your worries are justified. If you’re waiting for a miracle without putting in the essential effort, you will find yourself struggling with everything you do.
The key to successfully earning money online is to identify the authentic sources and clients before beginning to work. And in this article, all the sources mentioned are 100% tried and tested by me.
So rest assured, I will list you all the sources complete with a step by step guide to earn money online in India.
Kinds of Online Income-
Although I know how eager you are to make some easy money, you cannot erect a great building on a weak foundation. Hence, to know how to earn money online in India; first, you must learn the very basics of Online Income.
There are two kinds of online income,
1. Active Income
2. Passive Income
Let’s discuss each one by one.
Nothing prospers without labour, not even your Income.
Active Income is the income that requires continuous services to be performed, and the revenue is generated until the services continue. In simple terms, you only get paid for and as long as you work.
In General, Examples of Active Income include wage, salary, tips, commissions, and so on. In the online context, Active Income refers to incomes generated using skills like content writing, designing, coding, etc.
As Warren Buffet, one of the most successful investors of the world, said, “If you don’t find a way to make money while you sleep, you will work until you die“.
Passive Income is the earning from an enterprise with which a person is not directly involved. In simple terms, putting in the effort once and deriving Income for as long as the product created is valuable.
The only thing you need to remember is that although Passive Income sounds more rewarding than Active Income, earning Passive Income online requires a certain quality of value to be offered that can only be achieved in ample time.
Who can easily earn money online?
If you can find yourself in one of the following categories, earning money online is just for you…
- Content Creators
- Website Designers
- If you’re looking for a part-time Job
- If you need to work from home (Due to injuries, or constraints)
When the question, ‘how can students make money online in India’ arises, students should prefer Active Income. Since Active Income can provide you money as and when required while Passive income requires a certain time to earn money.
Also, earning active income would serve as a driving force to learn new skills, that are related to your domain and can later help you in your career.
Now that you’re familiar with the basics of Online Income, we can proceed to know how online income can be generated.
Following are the best ways to earn money online in India-
- Creating your Website
- Web Designing
- Content Writing
- Social Media Influencing (Through Instagram, Tik-Tok, Twitter etc.)
- IGTV Monetization
- Affiliate Marketing
- Surveys and Reviews
Here is a step by step guide to each of the following ways along with the sites to earn money online in India-
Creating your Website
Websites are like real estate for the Internet.
Websites are the most prominent online assets today. You need to make sure that the content of your website attracts a particular audience and generates sufficient traffic.
Let me break down the process in easy and simple steps-
- First of all, you need to create your website. You can do this by choosing the domain, design and templates for your website. For creating free and affordable websites, you can refer to the following sources-
I would suggest if you need a personal website, contact a web designer, and you’d be good to go.
- The next and the most crucial step to earn money through a website is by monetizing it. You can monetize your website using the following ways-
- Affiliate Marketing- You can refer to my article on Affiliate marketing for the detailed procedure of Affiliate Marketing on Amazon.
- Google AdSense- All you need to do is sign up on Google AdSense, which shows advertisements on your website.
- You can choose from various kinds of advertisements such as Text Ads, Display Ads, Rich Media, Animated Images and Link Units such that it suits your website.
- But keep in mind that your advertisements must be such that user experience is not hampered.
- The more traffic you get on your website, the more will be the clicks on the advertisements (Pay per click advertisements), the higher you may earn.
Your website deserves the best; after all, it acts as the Internet advertising billboard for you. And not everyone’s got the knack for designing, that’s when web designers come into the picture.
Earning money through website designing may be quite challenging in the beginning, but the following steps will surely help you in getting started the right way-
- As a beginner, the first thing you require is a portfolio website. This website will serve as a medium to flaunt your designing skills and will attract businesses.
- The next thing would be the right tools for web design and the best themes available.
- Finally, all you need to do is a good promotion and find clients online.
- You can also use LinkedIn or Freelancing websites to find clients. Keep reading to know how to use Freelancing websites.
The only challenge is to find the right client. Although finding the right client, in the beginning, maybe time-consuming, all the effort is worth taking. Depending upon the client and the job, a single project may earn you as much as INR 20,000. It sounds like a deal!
Content is King.
There are a lot of ways to make money online in India through writing content. You may be surprised to know that once you get into the flow, your writing skills will be able to earn you as much money as people earn in conventional jobs.
I myself have trained many students in content writing, and they are doing tremendously well in this career today. You just need to identify the area you want to work in.
Over time, if you feel comfortable enough, you can start your own blog. I have discussed blogging in the latter part of this article.
Following online content writing platforms turn out to be a great starting point-
- People-per-hour, etc.
Through these sources you can get paid depending upon the quality of your content. Priyanka Desai, Anuradha Tiwari and Arti Agarwal are some of the leading content writers in India.
If a picture is worth a thousand words, a video is worth millions.
Videos not only entertain the masses but also keep them informed and educated. And when it comes to video creation, YouTube is the uncrowned king.
The above chart depicts the total number of views generated on YouTube as of March 2019. Thus you can imagine the impact it has created throughout the globe. India is the second-largest viewership in the world.
If you are someone who is comfortable and fluent and desires to be in the spotlight, YouTube is just for you. You can create videos ranging from tutorials on academics, cooking, art, and dance to funny videos, vlogs, and vines to keep your audience hooked.
Keep in mind the following while beginning your YouTube journey-
- First and foremost, Create a YouTube Channel.
- Choose a niche and the audience that you need to serve. (For example, if you decide to create educational tutorials, your audience will mostly comprise of students).
- Create quality content, since there’s already a lot of competition on YouTube, your channel needs to stand out.
- You need to attain a certain threshold of at least 4,000 watch hours in the past twelve months and at least 1000 subscribers to get monetary benefits
- Your earning potential grows as your channel becomes popular.
The only disadvantage of earning through YouTube is that you need to invest a lot of time, money and energy until you meet the standards for monetization. But staying consistent and putting out quality content is the key to succeed on YouTube.
For learning in detail about getting monetary benefits and increasing your subscribers on YouTube refer to my article on how to get 1000 Free YouTube Subscribers in easy steps.
Social Media Influencing (Through Instagram, Tik-Tok, Twitter etc.)
True Influencing is all about Leveraging Authenticity.
Are you someone who loves to share each detail of your day with everyone you know? Or do you have the ability to attract thousands of people online?
If the answer to any of these questions is yes, then social media influencing is just for you.
- Make an account or profile (preferably creator or public or business profile) on social media.
- Identify your niche, and attract the right audience by following the right tools Refer to my article on Social Media Strategy and Planning for more details.
- Use suitable hashtags. Read this article for a detailed explanation on Smart Tips for Hashtags for Likes in Instagram, click on the link provided below.
- Post regular content and Gain followers.
After getting a good follower count, you will get approached by online brands for ‘paid partnerships’ which can also be in the form of Goodies and Coupons or even services.
The only drawback of being an Influencer is that it takes a long time to get a lot of organic followers and a persistent effort in maintaining the quality of content. Some of the famous Instagram Influencers of India are Shivya Nath, Neha Doodles, and Shahnanawaz Karim.
Social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, and Tik-Tok work similarly. Tik-Tok has even recently outshone YouTube in terms of global views. Learn Smart Strategies for TikTok Marketing.
IGTV Monetization is the future of Earning Online through Instagram.
Instagram has just launched the new and latest stage of IGTV monetization with new Revenue Generating options for Instagram LIVE. Although, it might be too early, but here’s exactly what you need to know-
- Instagram has been laying the groundwork for introducing Ads of up to 15 seconds through their most used IGTV platform.
- The tests for the same have reportedly been started since February and the official announcement was made on May 27th, 2020.
- Moved by the overwhelming responses during COVID-19 lockdown, Instagram now plans to add Badges to Instagram LIVE to lend a helping hand for donations.
- The 15 second long IGTV ads will be tested with features like ‘skip button’ throughout the year to strive for a better user experience.
- Although the final update is still to come, In the initial tests, creators received 55% share of ads through IGTV (which is the same as offered by YouTube.)
Source: Social Media Today
“If you’re good at something, Don’t Ever do it for free!”
~ Heath Ledger (The Joker)
Blogging is one of the most prominent and successful ways of earning money online in India. Unlike Content Writing, Blogging is used to generate passive income.
Blogging is done to share, connect, create and inspire. If you are a rookie at blogging, follow these quick tips-
- Start with free blogging platforms to get the hang of it. WordPress and Tumblr are the best ways to start blogging.
- Once you figure out what’s working for you and you’re ready to invest, create your own website.
- Market your blogs on social media platforms to get the most traffic.
- Monetize your blog using either Google AdSense or you can also write sponsored blogs.
Experienced bloggers easily earn as much as INR 20,000 – 25,000 per month. But the only thing to remember is that you need to maintain your blog consistently.
Some of the most popular Indian bloggers include Prof. Seema Gupta, Harsh Agarwal (ShoutMeLoud), and Shradha Sharma (YourStory).
Do what you can; Use what you have; Start where you are.
If you’re self-employed and willing to offer your services for money, you are a Freelancer. Being a freelancer means earning on per task that you take up, and you may charge an hourly or daily rate for your work.
Freelancing is one of the most popular ways of earning money today, as you only require to be proficient in the skill that you want to draw from. It is a significant source of Active Income.
Freelancing is one of the best ways to earn money online in India for students as it can be used to focus on a particular competence which can assist them in their future avenues.
Following websites are available where you can create an account, check through the listings and apply according to your area of expertise-
- Freelance India
The only downside of freelancing is that you get paid only when you meet the standards set by the client, and this may include modifications until the client approves your work. Most freelancing websites require setting up an online transaction mode, and the earnings vary depending upon the skills and profile of the Freelancer.
“Affiliate Marketing has made businesses millions and ordinary people millionaires.”
-– Bo Bennett, President Archieboy Holdings, LLC
Affiliate marketing is straightforward. It is the process where you refer others to buy a company’s product, and the company pays you some commission based on every sale made on your referral. You won’t believe how earning money online in India is so simple.
For example, you are promoting a laptop brand online, like Lenovo. You drop a link to the product in your social media, which your followers will click on. If they buy the laptop after clicking on your link, you get a commission from Lenovo. It’s as simple as that! To Know How to do Affiliate Marketing in India, click on the link.
Source : Screenshot of Sportskeeda Affiliate Program
Following steps are enough to get you started-
- Sign up for an affiliate program. If you’re a beginner, then programs with a vast consumer base are suggested. Flipkart Affiliate, Amazon Associates, vCommission, Sportskeeda, Optimise, BIGROCK Affiliate and BGM India are some of the prominent affiliate programs in India.
- As you sign up, an affiliate link tailored explicitly for your username about a specific product is provided to you (we have explored in detail about affiliate Marketing in Guide to Flipkart Affiliate Marketing Programe | Earn Money and 15 Tricks about Flipkart Affiliate Program.
- At last, publicize the product digitally through various platforms.
You can be both the creator and the marketer and still profit from the underlying idea of sharing revenue. In the case of promoting consumer products, like tools, books, toys, and household items, the biggest affiliate network is Amazon.
For a detailed guide to earning profit through Affiliate Marketing, you can check out my articles on Ways to Earn Flipkart Affiliate Commission Handsomely.
There are four earning brackets in this category.
- Affiliate Apprentice – Losing money.
- Low-Level Affiliate – Anywhere from $0/day up to $300/day.
- Intermediate Affiliate – Anywhere from $300/day up to $3,000/da
- High-Level Affiliate – Anything above $3,000/day.
Surveys and Reviews
Whoever understands the consumer best, wins.
And to win, most companies conduct online surveys that are focused on predicting the various factors required for Market Research. There are websites like InboxDollars, Swagbucks and PrizeRebel that offer money to undergo surveys and write reviews for products.
Although surveys are the quickest way of earning online without the requirement of any specific skill, this is not a way that can be relied upon to make an adequate income. Monetary survey rewards vary from $1 to $5 per survey.
The only drawback of making money through surveys is that you need to disclose sensitive bank details to these websites for getting the payment and one needs to be utmost careful while sharing such confidential information.
Things to Remember-
This article will surely be the game-changer when it comes to earning money online in India. After going through the article, you are ready to conquer the world of online income generation. Choose what works best for you, and well begun is half done.
Here are a few words of caution:
- In a nutshell, earning online money is not a cakewalk. Earning active and passive income online is a matter of perseverance, dedication, and conviction.
- There is no miracle to become a millionaire online. You need to keep in mind that building a strong foundation for earning online is necessary and only then can you expect returns.
- Learn to identify the difference between scams and authentic sources. Don’t let scammers fool you.
- No matter which domain you choose, it’s vital to use fair means to get to the top of the ladder.
- Perfect your skills, and there’s no stopping you.
- There are a massive number of cyber-crimes that are reported each day. Be careful while sharing sensitive information such as your bank details without confirming the authenticity of your source or client.
- Share your knowledge to those who need it; there’s no joy greater than the joy of spreading happiness.
I hope this article proves to be the stepping stone for your online career and also check out How to Earn Money Online in India without investment and How to make money off your website with Amazon Affiliate Marketing.
Make sure to leave your queries in the comment section below, and I’d love to help you out.
Transformational ideas on how to create the best landing page design and how it can help your business grow by multitudes.
Learn to Automate your email marketing campaign like a pro using latest email marketing software to explode your business.
HERE IS HOW I CAN HELP YOUR BUSINESS GROW
Don’t just stand by and watch others make millions! Jump in and leverage digital marketing to skyrocket your business!